[Sca-cooks] RE: OT: cats are carnivores

Ruth Frey ruthf at uidaho.edu
Wed Nov 13 10:25:45 PST 2002

   <Generys ferch Ednuyed wrote:>
> I really do have freak cats then - my 3 don't seem to care about "people
> food" - as in I could (I dont', but could) leave an opened can of tuna on
> the floor and they'd sniff it and walk away...the youngest, Loki, does seem
> to like drinking out of my glass, however...

	Then, on the other end of the spectrum, there's the local
Duchess' cat, Tippy, who *lives* for bread and bread products.  When
still a kitten, she attacked (and attempted to drag off) a bagel larger
than she was.  She hasn't slowed down since.  The only time I've ever
had a cat jump up in my lap and try to wrestle me for the food I was
eating, it was when I was at the Duchess' house helping her "test" a
batch of cupcakes (cooks' perogative and all), and Tippy decided *she*
wanted that cupcake.
	Some cats seem a little fuzzier on the "carnivore" concept than
others, that's for sure . . . :)

		-- Ruth