[Sca-cooks] Menu

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 15 07:55:50 PST 2002

On 14 Nov 2002, at 16:36, Olwen the Odd wrote:

> > For some reason this brought back the memory of an event I went to some
> > years back.  We paid and stayed for the feast and to this day refer to
>it as
> > "the snack".  I swear!  They sat 8 to a table and each of way too many
> > "courses" consisted of 8 tiny somethings about meatball size!  With
>about 10
> > or 15 minutes in between 'courses'!  We all thought we would starve!!
>Well,
> > it was a trial at some type of thing that I have never seen repeated,
>and
> > rightfully so.  Well, I guess there is also such as thing as 'not
>enough' in
> > each course.
> > Olwen
>
>I hate to say it, but the structure of my feast is pretty close to what
>you describe.  However, I intend to provide servings larger than a
>meatball.  As long as I come in uder budget, I'd rather have
>leftovers than hungry feasters.
>
>Brighid ni Chiarain *** mka Robin Carroll-Mann

Well, if you serve one each of something in each course and that one piece
is a single bite, I'd advise you don't leave 15 minutes or more in between
each course.
At the "snack" I spoke of, folks got pretty silly about it at first, then
progressively more irritated as they realized that the format was simply not
going to change.  Everyone went away hungry and grumpy.  And the stupid
thing is, I know for a fact that not everything they prepared was even sent
out~!
Olwen
Good luck with your feast Brighid.  I look forward to hearing how things
went!