[Sca-cooks] Googling yourself...

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Nov 19 05:57:31 PST 2002

> > YOU TOO!? I still want to know where they got my
> > persona name _and_ the street address. My membership
> > has lapsed (I'm broke) so I can't call up Milpitas
> > and yell at them (I could, but it would be pointless).

I don't have a lot of faith in the Milpitas office, but I'm pretty sure
they aren't selling your address. If Corporate Operations sold mailing
lists of the SCA membership, that would make it possible for SCA members
to get lists, and the Milpitas office wouldn't want that.

If you have ever served as registrar or autocrat for an event, the
information could be out there. There was also a case recently where the
Rolls Ethereal were plundered for addresses. In one case, a bunch of us on
the SIG list got catalogs via post-- it appeared that some Russian
School Supplies company had plundered the SIG membership list off the SIG
webpages...

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa   jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"It's no use trying to be clever- we are all clever here; just try
to be kind- a little kind." F. J. Foakes Jackson.