[Sca-cooks] Butter Paste = French Puffin?

Kirsten Houseknecht kirsten at fabricdragon.com
Wed Nov 20 12:06:59 PST 2002

if i am reading that right (and i may not be.. fighting a headache today)

it sounds very much like a turnover or other multi layer pastry dough recipe
not exact, of course..... am i supposed to add flour?  i am reading the
recipe as follows:

Take egg yolks, butter, and sugar and mix into a paste.
<seems like you would need aLOT of sugar.. or flour here>
roll out thin sheets and layer them with butter between each sheet

grease the pan well and bake until done
sprinkle sugar on top.

is this right???
Kirsten
kirsten at fabricdragon.com
http://www.fabricdragon.com

"Did you vote?  No?   Then don't come whining to me...."