[Sca-cooks] Food Network and Master A's nightmare

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Thu Nov 21 16:25:00 PST 2002

In a message dated 11/19/2002 9:45:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mooncat at in-tch.com writes:

> "Spinning chickens thing?" Why does that strike this ignorant peasant as
> a Stooooopid Peer Trick?
> --maire (ignorant peasant & non-t.v. watcher) (well, non-cable or
> satellite)

Doesn't take a peer to do it, but it sure makes peers look stupid as they sit
there with their eyes glazed watching the things go round and round and
round...
Basically, stick skewers through the wing area and the thigh area of a
chicken (all the way through the whole chicken), pick one skewer and hang the
chicken from it by a length of cord that's not likely to melt (we used cotton
clothesline, hung from an S-hook on a tripod) so that the cord starts at one
end of the skewer, goes up to the hook, and down to the other end of the
skewer.  Hang next to a fire, wind it up, and let it wind and unwind and wind
and unwind, and periodically wind it up again, so that your chicken rotates
next to the fire all by itself.  Partway through cooking, turn it over and
hang it from the other end.

Brangwayna