[Sca-cooks] OT, OOP- More Googling yourself...

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 24 15:55:12 PST 2002

>Googled my brother the philosopher, and came up with a bunch of his work,
>as well as links to his current firm. And...
>
>...links to things about his namesake, our great-uncle Johann Klaassen, who
>was a conscientious objector in WWI (Mennonite). Some of the links were
>things my brother has written about him, some were not. And then I saw a
>link with my great-grandfather's name on it. Definitely him- b 1860, d
>1934. Same info for birthplace in south Russia, etc.
>
>It felt really weird, like seeing a ghost.
>
>Has anyone else done anything like that? Is it as weird as it feels to me?
>
>Really wish there were pictures too...
>
>'Lainie

I always run into dead relatives when I do any search on my last name.  Not
a surpise.  John Butterfield ran a stageline and was one of the founding
partners of Wells-Fargo.  Used to be Butterfield-Wells.  One of his sons,
Daniel Butterfield wrote the military tune Taps.  One of Daniels offspring
had twins, one of which worked in the White House and let on about the Nixon
tapes.  No wonder I'm odd.
Olwen