[Sca-cooks] Thanksgiving

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Mon Nov 25 04:46:53 PST 2002

With the deaths of our parents, Margaret and I have been freed of any
familial obligations for the Holidays.  We considered spending Thanksgiving
in Santa Fe as we did on one other occasion, but opted to stay home and work
on my Mother's estate.  My sympathy to all still caught in the obligation
trap

We are taking Thanksgiving off and going to Wichita to see the the daughter
and the grandchildren (for fun rather than duty on both sides).  We'll take
a turkey breast,  the lemon meringue experiment and probably some other
dishes up with us.  The daughter, a meat and potatoes person, is handling
mashed potatoes, bread dressing abd corn on the cob.  We will abandon the
food we bring in the interests of Margaret's diet (physician directed,
American Heart Association style).

I am contemplating Thanksgiving dinner at La Fonda next year.

Bear