[Sca-cooks] OOP - Turkey, again!

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Nov 25 06:56:48 PST 2002

I don't find turkey off the bone all that shocking. I can remember that
most holiday occasions at my Grandmother's house had the turkey served
off the bone and divided as to white meat and dark on platters. There
was never a formal carving of the bird. We routinely had 30 plus to
dinner at one PM in the afternoon in those days. We also ate buffet
fashion with food spread around the dining area on the low cabinets.
There were numerous card tables for the younger generation of course.

We are having Thanksgiving at home, just the three of us again this
year. The menu includes ribeyes and various fixings; our son has
requested pork chops since I am grilling anyway. No one wanted turkey.
No one wanted to discuss turkey.

Johnnae llyn Lewis  Johnna Holloway

"Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius" wrote:snipped