[Sca-cooks] Re: [Sca-cooks]Cute Couple, was: Cooking at Estrella

Jim Fox-Davis firedrake at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 25 20:36:00 PST 2002

They're being 'way too cute already.  Aeduin, who's Selene's protege and
one of my best friends, fell head over heels for Mary, whom -I've- known
since -- get this:  Angels Anniversary, 1973.  After 'way too many years
in Texas, she moved back here in April; I think he proposed on our
living room sofa.  I wanted to cry when her daughter gave him a Father's
Day gift, and it's been the joy of my whole year watching the two of
them.  Selene and I are both in the wedding party.

It's a very mundane wedding -- Mary's first marriage was a very SCA
wedding, and both the ceremony and the marriage were . . . um, less than
stellar.  When Aeduin proposed, and she accepted, she wanted a VERY
'normal' wedding this time.  I had made the wedding cake for her first
wedding, and I found out some years later she'd never really liked the
marzipan castle, and wanted a 'real' cake -- we're happy enough to take
her to the baker that made mine and Selene's cake 20 years ago, and
we're taking care of providing the cake through them (Hansen Cakes) this
time.

It doesn't hurt matters that Mary, whom I've known for so long, has
become such good friends with my wife, and that Aeduin, who's Selene's
right hand, gets to be wed to one of my best friends.

Happy all over about it,

Jared