[Sca-cooks] sugar substitutes, may be off topic

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Nov 26 17:19:28 PST 2002

At 07:33 PM 11/26/02 -0500, you wrote:
>ok, i dunno what most of the ingredients DO. i just know there isnt *just
>one thing* in the sweetener.
>the Diabetesweet has what my husband described as "sugar alchohols" in
>addition to the Ace k.. so i figured it might be a better tasting mix than
>whatever they had years ago.....

As I said, it may be a different blend than what they put in drinks _last
March_.

I just looked it up- we discussed alternate sweetners in general and Ace-K
in particular in threads that began with 'AlternaSweet' and then were
titled 'Ace-K'. They are in the archives under march- you can get that
section directly at:

http://www.ansteorra.org/pipermail/sca-cooks/2002-March/subject.html

'Lainie