[Sca-cooks] Hatpins?

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 27 07:03:36 PST 2002

>Avraham wrote:
>
> > Any REAL biochemists on this list?  Anybody know how long a peptide
> > has to be before it can conceivably be an allergen?
>
>Well, I was, before I became an MD.... and the standard teaching is that a
>peptide chain of fewer than 4 or 5 is too small to be a hapten.
>
>Avraham
>
>Well, I guess 4 or 5 molecules would be too small to be an EFFECTIVE
>hatpin... have to be a reeeeely tiny hat, I guess...
>
>Mordonna

I am so glad you titled this subject hatpins.  It reminded me that I am to
make a hatpin for someone.  She has reminded me a few times and I keep
forgetting, going back to the studio to play with food instead.  I once told
her to just keep reminding me because my memory is as long as my dick~~and,
no, I don't mean knife!
Olwen