[Sca-cooks] OOP - Green beans was Turkey, again!

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 27 10:13:25 PST 2002

> Also sprach Stefan li Rous:
> >But is "In-and-Out" burgers really the name of the burger or the
> >company??? I hope they didn't hire an advertising agency for that one.
> >Makes me wonder if they are selling laxatives. But then General Motors
> >sold their Nova automobile in Spanish speaking countries under
> >that same name. Nova = no va or roughly "it doesn't go". So you never
> >know.

Both.  They used to distribute free bumper stickers until they figured out
people were cutting off bits.

IN-&-OUT
BURGER     became

IN-&-OUT
 URGE

> I'm reminded of the Thai restaurant in Park Slope, Brooklyn, that had
> a sign in the window, some years ago, advertising a dish served with
> Go-Go-Go sauce...

There was a Thai restaurant in our old neighborhood called POO PING
PALACE.  Nobody used to want to go there with me for some reason.  I just
ordered delivery and didn't tell my husband the name of the place for a
long time.  They went out of business about a week after my kitchen remodel
was finished;  I feel responsible somehow.  :-(

Selene Colfox