[Sca-cooks] Pate = Period?

Anne duBosc anne_du_bosc at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 27 22:34:33 PST 2002

Sounds suspiciously like what is made and sold in the Dutch Fork as Souse Meat.
Mordonna
 Robyn.Hodgkin at affa.gov.au wrote:

Modern Braun/Brawn, at least in my family, is a very different beast from the period recipes I have seen - I suppose the best description is a meat based aspic made from boiling bits of pigs (mum used to use a pigs head). It ends up like a really solid jelly with lots of meaty bits in it, that you slice and make sandwiches from. (sample recipe below) I can see how this developed from the medieval Brawn, being the meat of boar in recipes such as Brawn en Peuerade.---

Lady Anne du Bosc
Known as Mordonna The Cook
Atenveldt, Atenveldt
mundanely Pat Griffin