[Sca-cooks] OT: overnight cooking turkey

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Thu Nov 28 11:20:58 PST 2002

At 01:36 PM 11/28/2002, you wrote:
>You know, I'd never seen this as a method for poultry, but I have both
>seen and used it for beef roasts. Is it safe for that? Or should I stop
>it? I know some of the issues are the same, and some are different...

I personally wouldn't do it, though I have known many restaurants/hotels
doing it with beef.  I'd not be so worried about it, considering the way
beasties reside in beef vs poultry.

In *general* nasties do reside on the surface of the beef, hence you can
"cook them out".  Whereas the beasties reside throughout the muscle of
poultry, hence you can't use that principle of cooking the surface stuff.

Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd
Clan of Odds
Shire of Forth Castle, Meridies
mka