[Sca-cooks] Pretzel Salad

Liadan Liadan at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 29 06:45:38 PST 2002

I remember the year my mom said she had a wonderful new salad recipe and
had to make it for me.  She did, for the annual "Diana's actually home
for Christmas This Year" uncomfortable family get-together. I have to
disagree with Maggie.  I hated the stuff.  Because I hate pretzels. I
tried to be polite and eat around the pretzels, and came up with some
non-committal reply like, "yeah, Mom, this salad is really different
from anything else I've ever had."

Funny how my mom didn't remember I hate pretzels. But I did score big on
bath towels and washcloths. They had stayed with me earlier that year.
Mom was scandalized by the fact I only had 4 bath towels and 4 wash
cloths. I was living by myself at the time.  I think I came home with 6
bath towels and 25 or 30 washcloths. I still haven't used some of them.

When I checked out my Christmas stocking, there was a 10-pack of chewing
gum.  I don't chew gum either.

Liadan