[Sca-cooks] OT--What is the yellow filling in the sweet dim sum buns?

Judith Kingsbury miriambaslevi at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 29 23:33:44 PST 2002

Greetings,
I am helping a group of friends, ok, pirates, do a banquet of finger foods for our Baronial Yule.  The area I was asked to do is Asia, so naturally I thought of dim sum, because those pirates just don't like plates or utensils probably because they can be used for killing the chefs.  On Thanksgiving my husband and I celebrated by going out for our annual dim sum brunch.  At the restaurant we came upon one of our favorite dim sums, but have been unable to determine its filling.  It's a sweet bun with a bright yellow filling, which almost looks like the color of egg's yolk.  Sometimes it is steamed and sometimes they bake it with a cookie-like topping upon it.  Both variations are yummy.  If any of you know what that filling is, please email me off-list with the information?
Humbly Lurking,
Miriam bas Levi