[Sca-cooks] sea salt vs. white-salt

Jones, Craig Craig.Jones at airservices.gov.au
Mon Oct 7 23:46:57 PDT 2002

The best replacement for verjus I have found is white grape juice, cut 3 parts plus 1 part wine vinegar.  It's sweeter than the real thing, but unless you have a source of tannic acid to dry the flavor, it's probably about as good as you'll get.  We've been working on Markham's boiled chicken with verjuce and parsley - simple, and delicious.  We first tried wine and vinegar as a replacement, but it's not the same.  Think very unripe grapes; that's what you're after in verjus...
Regards,
Brekke