[Sca-cooks] marzipan and denmark.

Angie Malone alm4 at cornell.edu
Mon Oct 7 18:47:28 PDT 2002

I have a lot of questions about making marzipan.

I looked in florigeum for a while but didn't find a recipe.

Olwen,  do you have a favorite recipe?

Also, can you freeze marzipan?

I am thinking of making a 'marzipan lake with all sorts of fish' in it for
our fall event(in november)  It's probably a lot of work so I am
considering having another person in our group supervise that.

The title of the event is:

something is fishy in Denmark.  So you can imagine where the menu is coming
from.  I am going to use:

Libellus de arte coquinaria: An early northern cookery book to start.

An other suggestions for sources would be greatly appreciated.

I will check the florigeum again from on-campus this 42666 bps is just too
slow.

For those of you wondering how we are going to tie marzipan to denmark..
Here in Myrkie land we always figure something like that out.  ;-)

Also, does anyone know somewhere I could buy an assortment of fish cookie
cutters?  Different sizes, shapes, etc would be good.

Here I go again, going where angels fear to tread.....

         Angeline

Lady Angeline di Aquila,DoD           (mka Angie Malone)
Kingdom of Aethelmearc
member of the Order of Keystone
member of the Order of the Sycamore
interested in sewing, cooking, and thrown weapons.
http://www.lightlink.com/merellia/myrkfaelinn/