[Sca-cooks] Food assumptions..

Erika Thomenius ldygytha at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 10 15:23:20 PDT 2002

I ran across a pretty funny story.  One of my mother's friends is an
anthropologist/poli-scientist who did a lot of ethnographic work in remote
areas of Malaysia in the late 70s/early 80s.  Apparently, when he was there,
he could NOT convince the people he was studying that potatoes weren't
indigenous.  After all, they'd always eaten them, their parents' had always
eaten them, their grandparents had always eaten them...

-Gytha "This spud's for you" Karlsdotter

Remember: if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the
precipitate.