[Sca-cooks] OOP, OT - Macintosh

Mon Oct 14 07:58:19 PDT 2002

Apple can't copyright the spelling, it is a pre-existing variant of a common
name and has previously been used for waterproof raincoats of rubberized
cotton which took their name from the inventor, Charles Macintosh (or
MacIntosh).  What they can do and did is register Apple Macintosh as a trade
or brand name, which protects the usage in computer and related sales.

Bear