[Sca-cooks] return from Crusades

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 15 07:51:00 PDT 2002

Hi all.

Well, we went to Crusades and had fun.  I got to meet Generys.  She's such a
sweetie!  She took my class in making your Arms in marzipan.  I hope she had
fun.  I know she did a really good job on making her Arms!  The class time
was only an hour so we shuffled stuff to the next door kitchen to finish up.
  It was lots of fun.

The Bright Hills Cooks Guild put on a spread for the Crown(s) and knocked
their socks off. Early in the day Her Majesty of Atlantia  came to our
pavilion and presented everyone with a Queen's favor.  I had left before
Court but, to make a long story short, the Guild folks were called into
Court by Their Majesties of the East and Her Majesty, Isabella, awarded the
Guild her personal award, The Golden Lyre for "Passion in the Arts".  Then
Their Majesties of Atlantia called in the Guild and they were presented with
The Silver Nautilus.  I understand the comment was made that if Food was a
war point the East would have surrendered to us.  Almost nothing edible came
home with our folks - some Cider, a few raisins and a bunch of grapes.

Crown Tourney is next.  As of last Friday there were 34 remaining seats for
above the salt and about 60 seats for below the salt.  I have no idea of the
count as of this day.

Lady Olwen the Odd
Clan of Odds
House Blackstar