Camping in Meridies ? (was RE: [Sca-cooks] Dayboards?)

Nick Sasso NJSasso at msplaw.com
Wed Oct 16 09:01:29 PDT 2002

I am intrigued by the 99% camping statement.  I live near Atlanta (also
Meridies - South Downs and Tal Mere nearby) and have a very different
experience or perception.  I looked through two kingdom newsletters (one
spring and one Summer) and found only 5 or 6 events (out of 30+) that
are tenting only.  The rest all had cabins or both cabins and tenting
allowed.  I did not look closely to find out if the describe what sort
of food arrangements were available, but vast majority seemed to have on
and off board prices.  Only a couple or three mentioned something
resembling a dayboard, though.

Are you possibly talking about the events you attend personally or the
ones done in nearby groups?  I am not at all busting your chops, just
enjoying what appears to be an example of the diverse perceptions of
events in our Kingdom.  Lots of people see different facets of the same
jewel.  I personally have done tenting, cabining, and even sleeping on
the beach under the stars.  Prices are going up all over for sites, so
tenting may definitely be on the rise around these parts.

pacem et bonum,
niccolo difranceso