[Sca-cooks] Eggplant pancakes

Marilyn Traber marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com
Mon Oct 21 05:55:53 PDT 2002

Well, for starters, overbeating the eggs will fluff them. You don't need to
go to town on the poor things, just make sure the yolks are broken and
mostly slushed around. Last time I made these, I went with 2 eggs, and
really pressed the heck out of the eggplant to make it as dry as possible. I
mixed everything but the eggs in, and then cracked 2 eggs in and folded
stuff together and made the command decision that I wanted the consistancy
less of a batter and more of a 'louisiana rice cake' or vague latke. More
solid than real liquid.
margali