[Sca-cooks] bisket bread and A&S docs and papers

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Oct 26 22:01:19 PDT 2002

Lady Katherine Rowberd commented:
> Well, after all the dumb questions I've asked here over the last little
> while in relation to bisket bread, last weekend I finally entered my
> version of it in Ealdormere's kingdom A&S competition.
>
> I've put my documentation online here:
> http://infotrope.net/sca/docs/bisket-bread.pdf
>
> Comments/questions/etc welcome.

Wow! A very nice overview of period shortbread. And much more readable
than much of the SCA A&S documentation that I have seen.
I would very much like to add this documentation to the Florilegium
as a stand-alone article if you are interested. I often offer this
for such documentation knowing that it is not as polished as an
article ont he subject would be, but I don't see where your documentation
could be polished a lot more. Of course my standard policies, that you
keep the copyright and that I will accept updates or withdrawl requests
still applies.

However, at this time, I cannot handle PDF files, since I can't edit
them, without printing the PDF and scanning it back it. So a Word or
text file would be preferred. You might turn off the special characters
like the fractions first though. But given a paper copy of the PDF, I
can put the special characters back in.

Please consider this.

And for others, as mentioned I am interested in considering articles,
bibliographies or A&S documentation for the Florilegium. So if you
enter something in an A&S contest please consider sending the
documentation to me. Even more so if it is a paper that you have
entered. Unfortunately, all too many of such papers never get
seen again or get read by very few people. The judges often don't
have the time they would like and at an event, this is often true
of the other participants as well. I *know* it often applies to
myself. Getting the paper onto a website, either mine or another,
can get that material you've spent so much time writing up, out
to where others can read and use it. And yes, I would like to see
such papers on my site and have no problem with them also being
on other sites. If you don't want your paper in the Florilegium
for some reason, please consider another website for it.

I have a booklet of papers from the SCA 30th Year Celebration. I
don't know how many people in the SCA ever saw that booklet. Many
were quite good. Unfortunately, the author contact info was sparse,
usually just the name with no kingdom. When time permits, I want
to try to contact some of those authors and get their papers into the Florilegium.
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com