[Sca-cooks] RE: Sca-cooks digest, Vol 1 #2669 - 16 msgs

Marilyn Traber marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com
Wed Oct 30 11:16:45 PST 2002

Sorry, chere cousin Jamal

Use the following info with a caveat - many people have very delicate skin,
so YMMV. Drakey doesn't sound like he has a delicate skin problem..

I at one time spent a summer making bleach. Well, actually Sodium
Hypochlorite. At 24% NaOH by volume. Laundry bleach is 4% to 5% at best. You
can soak your hands in 24% for a couple of minutes without doing more than
the equivalent of a middling bad sunburn. You can wear it on most of your
body for a couple of minutes as you strip down for an emergency shower
without much worse than a middling sunburn. Laundry bleach - even with my
acquired sensitivity to it I can use with my bare hands for 7 to 10 minutes
without more than a slight annoyance at the effect it has on my chronic
obstructive pulmonary disease abused lungs.

For that matter, I used to use reagent grade toluene to clean paint off my
hands, and laundry dillution bleach to fade out the embedded graphite from
teh valve packing before a hot date;-)
margali
did I ever mention I used to be a hazmat tech...?

the quote starts here:
Don't use undiluted liquid bleach. I will make you hands bleed.