[Sca-cooks] Tiger Balm Question

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Oct 3 15:30:23 PDT 2002

> Hello !
> My question for you  is do you have to use a paraffin wax or beeswax? Can you
> use an oil or butter such as cocoa butter or such?

Theoretically, you could. Maybe I missed the beginning of this: what
herbs/oils are you using and what method are you using to make [homemade
tiger balm, I guess]?

I make a fighter massage oil that got ok reviews when tested on a nearby
fighter:

Fighter Massage Oil
Contains essences considered to be beneficial for sore or strained
muscles.
Ingredients:
Base: (~3 oz) Sweet Almond Oil. Essential Oils: 10 or so drops Peppermint,
3 drops camphor, 8 drops rosemary, 6 drops thyme, 3 drops clove,  4 drops
cajeput, 1-2 drops tincture of benzoin

External use only-
don't use on broken/sensitive skin, mucous membranes or anywhere else not
suitable for Tiger Balm!

I don't think cajeput is period though.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa
"I didn't gnaw my way to the top of the food chain to have to put up with
meat machismo, boyo."