[Sca-cooks] pickled grapes

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 7 05:44:57 PDT 2002

Good morning all.

I wonder what means "and as much white-salt as will make it bear an egg".
Bay salt?  Perhaps sea salt would do in place.  I imagine the black one
skims off is the dirt.  I do laugh at a memory when I read the part of using
a blatter to hold the stuff under the brine.  I used to use balloons!  Guess
a good idea gets around even if you didn't know someone else had it!
Well, have a fun day.
Olwen
Oh, you can all congratulate me, ALL the damn beads are done, packed and
labeled! 284 of them, not counting the 60 or so that broke.
is the receipt from the 1796 edition.