[Sca-cooks] eggplant terror

Mark Calderwood mark-c at acay.com.au
Mon Oct 7 06:48:07 PDT 2002

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone's made the eggplant dishes from de Nola,
specifically no 52, Berenjenas al la Morisca (Moorish eggplants). I'd like
to do them for the upcoming Yule feast but I'm leery of them after last
time I cooked eggplants for a feast back in August- the trial run at home
turned out fine, but at the event they came out looking like the climactic
scene of a David Cronenberg film.

Do eggplants keep in the refrigerator if prepped ahead of time, or can they
be frozen? Any advice about preparing eggplants en masse would be
appreciated...

Giles
(Lochac)