[Sca-cooks] Hello! and questions...

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Oct 8 00:26:47 PDT 2002

Madhavi commented:
> That helps immensely. This is my first time striking out on redacting
> recipes entirely on my own and my redaction seems to have been completely
> wrong. Thank you! I'll be fixing this for dinner... I'll post the results!!
> I can't beleive I got such a different recipe from the same words. Argh.

Welcome to SCA-Cooks!
It is certainly possible for two competant cooks to get two dishes that
look entirely different using the same redaction. See this file in the
FOOD section of the Florilegium (www.florilegium.org if you've never
been there) on a previous controversy on this list:

cuskynoles-msg    (44K)  8/21/00    A medieval fruit-filled pasta dish.

One of the few medieval recipes with a picture and these two, Master
Adamantius and Master Cariadoc, both very competent medieval cooks,
cannot decide whose interpretation is right.

For more on redacting recipes, take a look at these files in the same
section:
Redacting-art     (10K)  7/ 3/00    "The Kitchen Wench Way: Redacting Recipes"
                                        by Caointiarn.
redacting-msg     (25K)  9/23/01    Changing period recipes into modern format.

Stefan