[Sca-cooks] marzipan and denmark.

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Oct 9 23:21:28 PDT 2002

Angeline asked:
> I have a lot of questions about making marzipan.
>
> I looked in florigeum for a while but didn't find a recipe.

Did you check this file in the FOOD-SWEET section of the Florilegium?
marzipan-msg      (76K)  4/ 2/02    Use of marzipan (almond paste) in sotelties.

> Olwen,  do you have a favorite recipe?

I thought that Olwen's recipe was in there, as well as some period recipes.

> I am thinking of making a 'marzipan lake with all sorts of fish' in it for
> our fall event(in november)  It's probably a lot of work so I am
> considering having another person in our group supervise that.

You might check these files in the Florilegium for similar ideas for
sotelties:
In the FOOD section:
Warners-art       (32K)  6/29/98    An article on disguised food.
                                        by Alizaunde, Demoiselle de Bregeuf.

In the FOOD-SWEET section:

cak-soteltes-msg  (50K) 11/27/01    Cake based sotelties. Decorated cakes.

gilded-food-msg   (22K)  4/19/99    Gilded foods. Using gold and silver foil.
gingerbread-msg   (45K)  2/26/02    Medieval gingerbread. Recipes.
sotelties-msg    (187K)  6/11/02    Sotelties and Warners - decorated food.
Sgr-a-Cnftns-art  (20K) 12/26/00    "Of Sugar and Confections" by Alys
                                       Katharine, O.L., O.P. (Elise Fleming).

Stefan li Rous
stefan at florilegium.org