[Sca-cooks] what exactly is a yowie? Let me tell you...

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Thu Oct 10 07:02:56 PDT 2002

On Thu, 10 Oct 2002, Kirrily Robert wrote:

> Kiriel asked:
> > Do you have Kinder surprise in the USA?
>
> No, they don't.  They have them in Canada, and Canadians take them as
> gifts to the US because the US can't get them.
>
> Yours,
>
> Katherine

Actually, that's not strictly true--the part about not having Kinder eggs
in the US. You can get them at fabulously expensive import stores (there's
one in New Ulm, MN, for instance). They are banned in the
legislation-happy US because of the small toys, since there are too many
idiots out there who think the restriction on the label "Not for children
under the age of 3" doesn't apply to their little darling, and when little
darling chokes on the teeny toy pieces, they sue.

One of my co-workers is German, and he brings them in when he's been
visiting family, or they've been visiting him (everybody in the
department has Kinder toys on their desks...). Canadian and German Kinder
eggs taste different. Also, the toys are in different languages (duh!) and
German Kinder eggs, at least the last batch that Thomas brought in, wear
little hats.

Margaret, who has been known to have Kinder eggs for breakfast