[Sca-cooks] Verjus sold out :-(

Barbara Benson vox8 at mindspring.com
Thu Oct 10 21:16:36 PDT 2002

> I've never tried the Navarro verjus. I think they're sold out because
> using verjus is now fashionable in California and they probably sold
> the bulk of their production to gourmet restaurants in Northern
> California. Navarro Vineyards is in Mendocino, aka Mondonesia and
> Ecotopia, home to retired hippies.

I bought a 1/2 case (6 bottles), earlier this year. It is loverly stuff. You
can actually put it in a cordial glass and sip a small quantity of it to get
the flavour without wanting to ralph. I have 4 un-opened bottles left and
1/2 a bottle frozen in the ice cube trays in my freezer. Woe to the poor
gentle who puts that into their soda accidentally. :)

Glad Tidings,
Serena da Riva