[Sca-cooks] Need Advice!

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Sat Oct 12 10:59:18 PDT 2002

At 01:01 PM 10/12/02 -0400, you wrote:

>Make sure your oil cools down enough to handle.  Empty oil from pot.  Take
>a METAL scrubber, not steel wool, it's too thin, you want one of the
>"industrial metal scrubby", whatever the name is.  Then you want elbow
>oil.  Lots of it.

Did you mean 'elbow grease', dear one? ;-)

IIRC, the metal scrubbie thingies are sold under the name 'Chore Girl' or
some such in the stores. The copper ones are nearly indestructible.
Alternatively, Amway makes something called 'Scrub Buds' that will also
last for years- but you have to listen to an Amway salesman to get one, and
that can take years off your life... ;-D)

-IF- the pot can take it (you'd have to take off the handles, etc) you can
spray it with oven cleaner and pop it in the oven. But that is a last resort.

I think I'd go to Goodwill and buy another pot.

'Lainie
-who scored 4 yds of gorgeous teal wool for Edouard yesterday- $4!