[Sca-cooks] muslim/islamic courts

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Tue Oct 15 07:01:47 PDT 2002

Unfortunately, not much narrowing.  It's not a topic about which I am at
ALL knowledgable, and the guy for whom I'm asking doesn't know either.
I get the impression that it's roughly 11th-14th centuries, and more
Middle-Eastern, less European/Andalusian.  At this point, he's just
looking for sources for general data (did people sit on pillows? how did
they show reverence? how were the audience rooms/court areas decorated?
did they have heralds in ways similar to European courts, etc.).
I don't think he's much into really authentic stuff (more's the shame),
but (if possible), I'd like to steer him towards the better sources
(whatever they turn out to be).
--Maire