[Sca-cooks] Re:Sca-cooks - Italian translation...help!

Louise Smithson helewyse at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 15 18:55:12 PDT 2002

Generys wrote:
I thought The Medieval Kitchen had translations as
well as redactions?
My copy does, though I don't have it with me right
now... of course, I don't speak Italian so I don't
know how good the translation is... it will be
interesting to compare multiple versions...

As someone who does Italian translation I have used
both the Medieval Kitchen and the Scully translation
of the Neopolitan cook to check my translations. This
usually results in me clearing up questions about
words. Frankly I have never seen anything to indicate
that the translations in either of those books are
anything other than excellent.
And I'm sorry but I will not be translating it.  After
all it has been done already, why reinvent the wheel.
I still have over 1000 recipes in Scappi to go at
translating and that is far more rewarding.

On another note I'm doing an Italian Yule Feast in my
Barony this December, the menu and background
information including menus and recipes translated
from Italian is at:
www.midrealm.org/hrothgeirsfjordr/yule/feast.html

Helewyse