[Sca-cooks] oop boma cooker

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at cox.net
Tue Oct 15 22:25:31 PDT 2002

At 09:47 PM 10/15/02,Betsy Marshall said something like:

>I have seen that too- it appears to be a cast Iron cauldron/pot on long
>legs.
>just the thing for cooking soup/stew over the fire?
>There is a certain camping business imports them to the US,
>can't recall who off the top of my head,
>but it is around somewhere..lemme go look.
>Betsy

There is a gentle here in the Barony of Calafia who sells the potjie pots,
and even has a regular monthly get-together where we cook in those (and
cast iron dutch ovens).

He is Lord David of Caithness, and his email address is
DKeen111253 at aol.com. He has a few different sizes of the potjies, drop him
a line and see what they run!

Regards,
Maggie MacD.
(going to play with potjies and dutch ovens at Leif Ericson Tourney this
weekend)