[Sca-cooks] (no subject)

Nick Sasso NJSasso at msplaw.com
Wed Oct 16 13:04:58 PDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim and Andi" <icbhod at comcast.net>
To: <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2002 1:36 PM
Subject: [Sca-cooks] RE: Camping in Meridies ?

> I should have phrased that more carefully... I still consider
sleeping in a
> cabin camping, since you rarely have climate control (or screens on
the
> windows at some places) as opposed to having an event in a church or
hotel,
> etc.
> I know a *bunch* of people in that area... are you coming up to
Fighter's
> Collegium, Niccolo?
> Madhavi

See?  Different viewpoints are so fun to hear!  Yup, probably 99+% are
non-hotel or church affairs.  My personal separation is between events
that I do or do not have to take my own shelter.  Living in a tent is
always camping, and events that have or allow my own portable shelter
would be camping.  If I get a hard roof with or without screens or
climate control, I'm usually happy enough (electricity is always
preferred).

I am going on a road trip to Memphis the weekend of Nov 8 to 11, so I
won't be able to make the Meridian Fighter's Collegium.  I had thought I
might make it there with my small field cooking setup (cast iron pots
over cast iron lump charcoal grill with spit rig).  Maybe we can chat at
another event soon.

pacem et bonum,
niccolo difrancesco