[Sca-cooks] Escar-no pictures

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 17 08:37:44 PDT 2002

>Given the source, I just figured that the whole thing was marzipan...
>
>Brandu,
>whistling, and casually heading for the rock
>
>Olwen, they are great! ...And I think I am gonna so something similar for
>Christmas dinner, using finely ground beef, beef fat and roasted garlic.
>I want to see the expressions on my kids faces when I bring that plate to
>the table. <G>

Very funny, Brandu.  I do stuff other than marzipan!  Although I thought it
priceless to see the looks on some faces when I dumped out my bag of
marzipan I brought along when I was teaching that "your arms in marzipan"
class at Crusades.  I only brought about  5 pounds or so...

When I brought out this platter of snails at cooks guild, the folks just
fell out.  And trust me, it is getting harder and harder for me to get much
of a reaction from them anymore.  I think your kids will really like them.
Morningstar saw the pictures and thought they were darling.  I had tried
various "presentations" and finally settled on the thin layer of shredded
lettuce on the ornate silver platter.  Simply elegant in a preverse sort of
way.  I too am going to make a more tastey snail.  This was done in a pinch.
Olwen