[Sca-cooks] Re: Never ever work with a renn faire...

kihe at ticnet.com kihe at ticnet.com
Thu Oct 17 15:15:51 PDT 2002

Betsy Marshall writes:

> I'm reliable informed that turnips prepared like mashed potatoes
> (salt, pepper, butter)
> are indistinguishable to the average modern palate.
> Betsy

"It depends".  Never worked for my mother while I was growing up in the
modern world BUT she never did some of the boil-drain-boil-drain thingies
that have worked for me as an adult -- although I still prefer my turnips
peeled & sliced / cubed / "stick-shaped" RAW (uncooked).

However, Pyro, your comment does suggest a variation on "Armored turnips" as
another alternative...at least to me!

Amra,
Kitchen Idiot

(on a slow day at contract site...)
Mike C. Baker
kihe at ticnet.com (from webmail interface!)
All opinions expressed are typically my own --
Who else would want them!