[Sca-cooks] What's going on here?

kattratt kattratt at charter.net
Thu Oct 17 20:25:18 PDT 2002

I haven't done this recipe but I have done very similar with zucchinis..
(Sp?)
So My suggestion on it is more oil, so you get sort of a deep frying
type cooking thing going this would cook the sides as well as the bottom,
or As you suspected using more Bread crumbs and eggs,
This will yield a thicker batter. If you use to many bread crumbs though
you will end up with cakes or patties... (ever had Salmon Patties?)
It sounds to me that you might be thinking more battery....like a
pancake... I would think it would be more like a fritter.
I think of a pancake as more of a "Fine flour"  batter type thing rather
than a Bread Crumb type thing.
Re-reading this recipe I notice that there is NO Milk or anything to
make it like a batter...

So I would add more bread crumbs and egg, just to thicken this to a
patty like texture.
Then flatten it and either deep fry it (Maybe sort of like flattened
hush puppies?) or pan fry it...(Like salmon patties)

Just my $ .02 worth,
Nichola