[Sca-cooks] Should I be doing this?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Oct 17 22:42:01 PDT 2002

Vicente asked:
> This is our first baby.  I have no direct experience of how much time this
> kid is going to take.  Should I even be trying this? Am I making myself an
> early candidate for baldness and the galumphing hangnails?  Or should I damn
> the torpedoes and start shopping?

Not ever had any children nor been a headcook, I'm afraid I can't offer
any direct answers to your question. However, here are a few files in the
CHILDREN section of the Florilegium that I think you and your wife might find
useful in the near future:
babies-msg       (103K)  2/ 2/01    Camping with babies.
baby-gifts-msg    (20K)  4/13/98    Period-type and SCA-useful baby gifts.
baby-slings-msg    (9K)  2/ 2/01    Cloth slings for carrying your baby.
child-clothes-msg (32K)  6/ 6/00    Period and SCA children's clothing.

child-wagons-msg   (7K)  9/27/99    Wagons for hauling children at events.
p-cradles-msg      (5K)  9/ 7/01    Period baby cradles.
pregnancy-msg      (9K)  9/ 3/99    Pregnancy in period. Handling it in the SCA.
teething-toys-msg (22K)  1/ 5/01    Period and SCA teething toys for infants.

And in the CLOTHING section:
clothing-MN-msg   (62K)  9/14/99    Maternity and nursing garb.

Stefan