[Sca-cooks] Re: Shabbos food, machines, and research

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Sat Oct 19 01:41:55 PDT 2002

At 05:24 PM 10/18/02 -0400, you wrote:
>Well, Let's see...
>For Shabbos tonight I am making
>cream of parsnip soup
>salad w/artichoke hearts in vinegrette
>chicken marsala
>rice
>steamed spinach with garlic
>Carrots.
>You'ree more than welcome 'Laine!!
>Phillipa

Mmmm... suppose I'm too late for dinner?

I spent the day trying to replace my monitor- which, as machinery is wont
to do- decided taht since I'm really broke and unemployed, this would be an
excellent time to die. The screen was wobbling like jello, and making me
seasick. But I found one at a second-hand store (the Romanian purveryor of
goods, Valu Vilaj) for $15, so I'm back on track. Still a hit in teh wallet
though. Let's hope the rest of it holds together for a bit...

I finished teh first part of the handbook I'm working on. And yes Stefan,
when it is done I will mail you one. I have 10 texts in my big notebook-
Middle English and Early Modern manners and serving stuff. I'm sorta
condensing/paraphrasing material into something like a useable serving
manual for teh sergeants, squires, pages, and other folks who find
themselves serving. Countess Morwyn is cooking Yule Feast this year, and
since she knew I had been working on the stuff, she asked me to put
together a handbook for the servers, as they want a full formal service.
"Can do!" sez I. So here I am, laboring away (*muscles straining*sweat
running down my face*slaving over a hot keyboard*).

I always regret saying things like that...

back to the books,
'Lainie