[Sca-cooks] researching recipes

Kerri Martinsen kerrimart at mindspring.com
Sat Oct 19 08:28:28 PDT 2002

What should the consistency of the starter be?  Doughlike?  Paste like?
Soupy?  I've only ever worked with the "Amish Friendship Bread" type of
starter before, so I'm not sure I'm doing it right.

Also - How long until it is ready to use? I've got about 2 weeks to play
with this before I *really* need it. (Although I would like to make a sample
at least once.. :)

Thanks for your help.  I'm learning lots!

--
Lady Hrosvitha von Celle
Per pale sable and gules, a fret and on a point pointed argent a pair of