[Sca-cooks] Byzantine Cuisine

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Oct 20 19:32:28 PDT 2002

Eileen,

I'm not sure if you meant this message to go to the SCA-Cooks list or
not. I'm not Debra, but you might want to have your son look at some
of the files in the Florilegium. (see the link below).
For instance, this file in the FOOD-BY-CULTURE section:
fd-Byzantine-msg  (25K)  5/18/01    Food of medieval Byzantine. References.

Or this file in the FOOD-CONDIMENTS section:
garum-msg         (52K)  5/ 6/02    Roman fish sauces made from fermented fish.
                                        Also includes comments on liquamen.
murri-msg         (32K)  1/ 5/01    Rotted barley paste condiment of Arabia.

Stefan

    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com