[Sca-cooks] **OOP** Hard Cooking Eggs

Jeff Gedney Gedney1 at iconn.net
Tue Oct 22 13:46:19 PDT 2002

>    It may occur when eggs are overcooked or when there is a high
>    amount of iron in the cooking water.

AHA! Numerous causes!
this explains why one person sees the "greening" when they are cooking in
iron ("reactive") pots and does not when they are cooking in stainless, and
another person sees it cooking in stainless.

Some have fresher eggs or higher iron in the chicken feed, and these get
mixed up in a single doezen, and thus some eggs in a pot turn and some dont,
and some bought at a store where they sit about for a while turn, whereas
others dont.

( I have a friend who has chickens, and everynow and then I get a batch of
fresh eggs from her. I have never gotten a green ring in one of her eggs,
but occaisional ones form Shaws gives trouble. )

so you are all correct. hooray!

Brandu