[Sca-cooks] Drakey and Pennsic

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Oct 22 16:02:42 PDT 2002

At 08:38 AM 10/23/02 +1000, you wrote:

>> Besises, with his penchant for creative self-destruction, I kinda
>figure
>> he'll manage something interesting, like getting a cicada stuck in his
>> ear....
>
>Um, Ok.  Cicadas are big suckers aren't they?  How the h*ll am I gonna
>get that in my ear?   Don't answer that.....
>
>Drakey.

I can see it now... starring Noah Wylie...

Dr: So you're hearing things, huh? Let's take a look at you ears real
quick... MY GOD! How did _that_ get in there!

Drakey: How did what get in where? I was minding my business by the fire,
you see, after all the excitment died down...

Dr: Excitement? What excitement?

Drakey: Well after I fell in the lake, of course. It was just after I
stepped on the yellow-jacket hive, while I was running away...

Dr: While you were running away?

Drakey: Not my fault, course. How did I know that golf cart had that much
get-up and go? I had no idea the East Kingdom Royals would be so cranky
about my knocking their pavilion over, backing up while trying to avoid the
rhinoceros...

Dr: A rhinoceros?

Drakey: Well, he was angry at me you see, probably from my waving my hands
around in the air, trying to knock that buzzing thing out of my hair.
Probably got there while I was crawling through the Serengheti, looking for
the dancing girls. They'd given me the slip, you see... Say, you think that
buzzing thing that was in my hair is why I'm hearing things? I took a stick
and poked aroun in my ear, but I didn't find anything...

Dr: (head in hands, groaning, and muttering) I went to medical school for
this? I should sold insurance, like my mother wanted me to...

There we go. And Drakey is responsible for another man wandering the face
of the earth, selling term life, smelling of cheap booze, and wearing
polyester...

'Lainie