[Sca-cooks] Re: Lemon Cheese

Katheline van Weye kat_weye at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 23 10:17:47 PDT 2002

I use something similar to lemon cheese (fresh cheese
made out of milk curdled with lemon juice) in my White
Tart recipe which calls for the use of a fresh cheese.
 But instead of curdling it with lemon juice I curdle
it with a large quantity of orange juice and a little
white vinegar (to add acid without adding much taste).
 The orange juice gives the cheese a nice citrusy
flavor that isn't overpowering.  It's good as a cheese
to spread and mixed with sugar, milk, spices, etc. in
the White Tart filling.

Yours in service,
Katheline van Weye

<http://www.issendai.com/lifeskills/Miso%20Soup/cook_lemoncheese.htm>