[Sca-cooks] baby clothes

Siegfried Heydrich baronsig at peganet.com
Wed Oct 23 10:14:46 PDT 2002

    Did they differentiate baby genders back then? Given that infant
mortality rates were horrendous by modern standards, and that you might have
to have several to get one that lived to maturity, I would tend the think
that baby clothes would be pretty generic in nature. I  mean, you don't know
if this one will live, or what the gender of the next one would be. And
since I doubt seriously that the frugal and realistic folks back then would
just pitch outgrown baby clothes, would there have actually been a
difference?

    Sieggy