[Sca-cooks] large dayboard feast: need advice from those who have done this before

Kirsten Houseknecht kirsten at fabricdragon.com
Wed Oct 23 10:22:37 PDT 2002

what event and where? maybe i can help out....

advice?
"when in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout".. but
seriously...

1. i can get beef for much cheaper than that that is suitable for stew...
maybe a nice beef stew?  with vegies?
can you put out a vegetable broth soup base, and have bowls of vegetables,
meat and etc to be put in peoples personal bowls??? that way people could
make a "custom soup"
soup fills you up fast.. (by the by, a lot of people dont like split pea, so
while that may help.. and be cheap.. it may also mean lots of leftovers..
your milage may vary)

2.  the fighter bisquits i had at an event.. made with cheese. were very
filling.  and you can use cheap cheese, because you dont taste it much.

3. stuffed veggies  get some squash (can be pretty cheap this time of year)
and stuff with some kind of grain, mixed with veggies, cooked in some bland
broth.. put out at dayboard and use the squash as a "serving bowl" when the
serving bowl is empty, you cut it up and serve THAT
Kirsten
kirsten at fabricdragon.com
http://www.fabricdragon.com

"Did you vote?  No?   Then don't come whining to me...."