[Sca-cooks] large dayboard feast: need advice from those who have done this before

DeeWolff at aol.com DeeWolff at aol.com
Wed Oct 23 10:33:00 PDT 2002

In a message dated 10/23/2002 12:05:56 PM Eastern Standard Time, hillvicus at yahoo.com writes:

> FYI,
> Chicken is being served at the feast (as well as lamb
> and barley) so those dishes are out of the running.

Why?? Most of your dayboard customers will be outboard fighters.

Having done a 12th night luncheon in the East (Fed 900 dayboard), I would suggest that meat is well received by the fighters (especially our kingdom). You might be best able to afford this if you can get stuff in bulk or even cook something ahead of time and slice or cut into chunks that day or night before. Cut back on the cheeses to save money.. cheese is expensive and less well received than meat.Push fruit.
My fighter consort likes pickles, salted nuts (almonds and pistachios),lamb,unleavened breads, soft cheeses,yogurt, tea and gatorade. Soups don't work well for him.

Remember also,the fighters will not have their feast gear,they never remember. Be ready for that.

Andrea